WORKSHOP: "Beyond Yoga: Can Exec Coaching Enhance Wellbeing for Psychiatrists?"
Presenting Author(s): Dr. Monique Jericho
, MD FRCPCDate and time:
25 Mar 2023 from 14:10 to 15:10Location: Wildrose Salon A/B
- Identify 3 ways that personal professional executive coaching may be of benefit to physicians’ sense of their own wellness;
- Describe how the professional executive coaching differs from therapy;
- Describe how the professional executive coaching differs from peer support.
As demand for mental health-care skyrockets, psychiatry is an overtaxed profession. Tending your own mental health as you navigate your personal and professional life is all the more challenging. In community with your peers explore what professional coaching is and what it isn’t, so you have the information you need when assessing what kind of support can help you.
- Fainstad T, Mann A, Suresh K, Shah P, Dieujuste N, ThurmonK, Jones CD. Effect of a Novel Online Group-Coaching Program to Reduce Burnout in Female Resident Physicians: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2022 May 2;5(5):e2210752. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.10752. Erratum in: JAMA Netw Open. 2022 Jun 1;5(6):e2220348. PMID: 35522281; PMCID: PMC9077483.
- Dyrbye LN, Shanafelt TD, Gill PR, Satele DV, West CP. Effect of a Professional Coaching Intervention on the Well-being and Distress of Physicians: A Pilot Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2019 Oct 1;179(10):1406-1414. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2019.2425. PMID: 31380892; PMCID: PMC6686971.
- Palamara K, Kauffman C, Stone V, et al. Promoting success: a professional development coaching program for interns in medicine. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2015;7(4):630-637.